Sunday, July 24, 2011

new girl in the city...day 2!

Hi!......m back...I was writing about this misunderstood city...CHENNAI!.......... as I  continue, I stay at mylapore...yup the same place where ananyna swaminathan has her house in Chennai( 2 states)....one of the cultural hub of the city...preety close to the sea beach....:-)
It’s my turn to write about the positive side of the city...and trust me there are many:
1.     People:
Are sweet and helpful....although don’t speak my mother tongue...but communicate in English and now the world famous sign language....the thought of settling all alone in a new city was little scary for me....where will I stay, food, communication etc etc....everything was new to me....thankfully got few good friends and colleagues who are there to help me 24/7............:-)

2.     The transition phase of the city:
Chennai or still fondly known as “MADRAS” is undergoing a transition phase....the place famous for kanjeevaram saris, carnatic music and gopuuram temples is undergoing sea change...in terms of infrastructural development or becoming the next IT city or politically placing itself on the world map...the city will probably take another 2-3 years to come at par with Bangalore or other such cities...I will not be surprised if the next Obama speech mentions “CHICAGO OR CHENNAI”!!..........;-P

3.     Culture hub:
The usual complain that I hear about this city....CHENNAI...no way!!...not a happening place!!
Not really....the city has every single ingredient of a happening place...shopping malls, restaurants, night clubs, five star hotels, pubs, theatres, parties ,branded showrooms( except Louis vitton!!) etc etc....and in another six months to 1 year time,  6 new malls, 3-4 new five star hotels and my favourite HARD ROCK cafe are going to open in the city...
In short, the city is changing at a rapid speed....will love to see AKON and BRYAN ADAMS performing in the city someday.....:-)


It’s nice to see the city changing with time and i hope that it remove all the negativity around it!!............:-)

Rest tomorrow....have a good day!!...:-)

3 comments:

  1. Woooo Rols.... keep up the good work n continue writing more :) all the best sweety <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muahhhhhhhhh.... Hmmmmmmmmm Sweets... tujhe wahin pe Ni rehna.. Internship Khatam Karo Aur Wapas Ajao....
    Waiting fa Crushhhhhhhh Updates... :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. All praise for chennai ( Madras ) this time...
    Gud work..

    ReplyDelete